In 2012, God asked me to leave my job and go to the Czech Republic. I went and returned 30 days later with a better relationship with my Creator that was deepened even more over the next six months, as I went without a job. Now, here I am nearly 5 years later, and I find myself at another crossroad. As it stands, I am about to decline my teaching po
sition for next year, and instead, take a trip across the United States. Not since I was 17 years old, have I thought about making this cross-country trek. Yet, at nearly 40 (1 year and 6 months to go), I find myself readying for a grand adventure.
There are many questions, but the few that plague me the most are:
• Is this what God wants me to do?
• Have I lost my mind?
• Can I trust Him?
• How will I get the money I need?
I may not have the answers to these questions, but I do have these promises to rely on:
• For I know the plan I have for you, says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
• What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived— the things God has prepared for those who love him— I Corinthians 2:9
• In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs16:9
I would love to hear about any crazy trips you have taken or any road trip advice. Leave all of these and more in the comment section.